The Can-Am Spyder is a visionary three-wheeled motorcycle, which is manufactured by Bombardier Recreational Products. The initial production of this model of ATV started in the year of 2007. The manufacturers at BRP like to refer to this vehicle as “roadster”.
Performance NC is a Canada-based company that sells recreational vehicles, accessories & parts, maintenance, and clothing for these vehicles. They are equipped with a dynamic and professional team that can advise you to pick a recreational vehicle or any parts that may be best suited to your needs.
The following are some features of the Can-Am Spyder.
- It has an engine named RP Rotax 998 V-Twin EFI Rotax 1330 ACE in 3-line cylinders.
- It has a suspension on the front of double 144 mm A-arm having anti-roll bar and rear with swingarm – 145 mm mono-shock.
- There is luggage space at the front and under the hood of the vehicle.
- Its front and rear brakes are both operated by the same foot pedal, power steering, electric shift, and reverse gear.
The Can-Am Spyder by BRP has varying types of models such as the following.
- A sports version, which is the Spyder RS Series. It is styled like a conventional sports bike.
- A hybrid version of sports and touring named Spyder ST series which has removable saddles and an upright seat.
- A touring version is known as Spyder RT series, with a top case and integrated saddlebags.
- A sports-cruising version, known as the Spyder F3 series which has upright seating with feet-forward.
- The Can-Am Ryker, which is a budget and recreational version of the other models.
The BRP made special versions of the Can-Am Spyker for the use of law enforcement.
- The Spyder F3-P which is similar to the F3, with emergency siren, lighting, and USB, 12v outlets for powering any equipment.
- There is also a special patrol version of the RT.
Types of Transmission
- Spyder SM5 – It has a manual 5-speed transmission with a left-foot shifter and left-hand clutch.
- Spyder SE5 – It has a semi-automatic transmission which is the original and reverse sequence of the shifts (1-2-3-4-5).
- Spyder SM6- This has a manual 6-speed transmission with a left-foot shifter and left-hand clutch.
- Spyder SE6 – This has a semi-automatic transmission which is the original and reverse sequence of the shifts (1-2-3-4-5-6).
The above-mentioned information provides a detailed view of what the Cam-Am Spyder actually is.